Life happens, unexpected events occur, there is no disputing this. Your actions moving forward are what matters. I made a pact to lose weight and begin living a healthy lifestyle about a month ago, and life got in the way. As one chapter of my career closed, another one opened, with that comes orientation, adjusting to a new environment and reorganizing my financial situation. My last day of work at my previous job was April 20th, and it’s been an adjustment process since.
This next week will be my first week off orientation and on my own, with the flexible schedule I have desired for some time now. This next week is when I will recommit myself to my fitness and health goals. I have many goals to work toward this year, and being that it is already May is a bit discouraging. Now is the time to test my commitment and possibly re-evaluate where I see my journey taking me months down the road. This blog post is to record my current goals with a set starting point which I will hold myself accountable.
- NASM Personal Training Certification Exam by November 2017. Begin training late Fall 2017.
- Lose 70lbs at a healthy rate.
- Train for Cajun Cup 10K in November to provide proof of time for Princess Half Marathon weekend – so that I do not end up injured with another DNF.
- Train for Princess Half Marathon Weekend with the goal being a 10 minute mile.
- Regain my self confidence and take myself shopping for new (smaller) clothing!
- Continue to blog and learn web development to further distance myself from my current career. My goal is to provide my clients the best work I can from the comfort of my own home.
Those are some of my big goals for 2017, I realize this will be tough and will not happen overnight. In addition to becoming healthy and in better shape, this process will challenge my patience and perseverance – which I am confident I will cross the finish line as a victor.